How Do I Compete in Round 2?
Round 2 – Official
If you qualified for the Official Round 2, please note that this round will be held simultaneously around the world and start at 9am New York Time (EDT) / 2pm London Time (BST) Saturday October 27, 2018 or the equivalent in your city. Note that this is different to Round 1 and you can refer to the diagram below for your local start time.
You must log in to the competition immediately after it goes live at 9am (EDT). You will not be able to join the challenge part way thorough the round. You will have 3 hours (180 minutes) to complete Round 2.
Round 2 – Open
For ModelOff Team entries and those Individuals who didn’t qualify for Round 2 Official, you can take part in Round 2 Open. This will allow you to work through the same set of questions and challenges as Round 2 Offical but in a more flexible and accessible format.
From 12pm New York Time (EDT) on Saturday October 27th, you can complete the challenge anytime within the following 24-hour window (see your local time below). Once you start, you will have 12 hours to complete the Round.
ModelOff Teams: similar to Round 1, all team members will have access to the Round 2 questions on the HackerRank platform but the submission from the nominated team ‘captain’ will determine your team’s result.
When will I receive my Round 2 access details and Question Breakdown Guide?
24 hours prior to Round 2, you will receive an email with a unique link to access the challenge. Check your inbox and spam folders (particularly if you registered with a work email address) to ensure you receive these details. If you don’t, please email us.
Download the Round 2 Question Breakdown Guide HERE.
How do I access the Round 2 Challenge?
- ModelOff Round 2 will also be run via the HackerRank online platform.
- When the Round 2 challenge goes live at the competition start time, you will be able to access the Round 2 challenge.
- For Round 2 Official Competitors: You must start the challenge at the beginning of the Round. You will not be able to commence ModelOff part way through the Round.
- For Round 2 Open Competitors: You can start the challenge any time within 24 hours of the beginning of the Round.
- Click on the link sent to you and fill in your name.
- Work through the questions listed. You can edit your answers or return to the menu at any time.
- Keep an eye on your time remaining.
- To submit your work, click “I am done with the test”.
- If you experience any problems during Round 2 you can close your browser and log in again.
- For any issues during ModelOff Round 2, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The ModelOff Team will respond immediately.
Round 2 Official - Global Start Times
ModelOff Round 2 will be held at a different time to Round 1. Round 2 Official commences at 9am New York time. Round 2 Official will be held at the same time globally so be sure to find out what this is in your local time zone (see Time Zone Converter).
Note: There may have been Daylight Savings changes to your timezone between Rounds 1 and 2, please be mindful of this and double check your start time.
What if I have issues during the Round?
When will I receive my Round 2 results?
Round 2 results will be emailed out by Thursday November 1.