We are delighted to announce our new judging line-up for the ModelOff 2015 Finals. The judging panel is:
- Kiel LaFrance (Head of Americas Desktop Application Specialists at S&P Capital IQ)
- Luca Blasi (Head of Valuation Risk Control at Deutsche Bank)
- Roger Govier (8-time Microsoft Excel MVP)
See their Profiles here
We work hard at ModelOff to maintain a judging panel that balances technical expertise, peer leadership and passion for education. The first consideration is always world-class industry and technical expertise. Our judges are leading global practitioners across the disciplines of Financial Analysis & Modeling, Microsoft Excel, Valuations and Investment Banking.
We welcome Luca with his wide-ranging valuations, financial modelling and risk management experience. Roger joins the judging panel with technical excellence, entrepreneurial spirit and Excel knowledge that is among the best of 700 million Microsoft Excel users worldwide. Kiel is one the world’s exciting talents in financial analysis & modeling applications and leads S&P Capital IQ Americas.
Kiel in his 4th year at the ModelOff Finals becomes our longest-standing Championship Judge. We choose leading practitioners that are
deeply respected as thought-leaders and innovators in their communities – they need to have a passion for pushing limits, solving problems and future possibilities.
The third and final criteria is a passion for education – helping today’s superstars and tomorrow’s leaders pursue continuous learning in the analytical and business worlds.
We’d like to give a special thank to our previous judges for their dedication to ModelOff. In particular we thank:
- Bill Jelen (“Mr Excel”) for his lifelong commitment to Microsoft Excel communities across the world;
- Patrick O’Beirne who is one of the world’s leading Excel Spreadsheet authorities on spreadsheet risk, auditing and control testing; and
- The legendary Simon Benninga, widely-recognized as one of the fathers of modern financial modeling. We will announce a new prestigious international award for the best undergraduate and postgraduate university students at ModelOff, dedicated in memory of Professor Benninga, who inspired millions of young Finance practitioners around the world for more than 30 years.